Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Darlinghurst Blog: Detritus: New Nest

I've built myself a new little online nest and I'd really like to know what you think of it.**
Blogger, which hosts my blog, has been rolling out a series of new designs and updates in a bid to improve the "blogger experience", and I like to think of myself as one of those people that embraces the new, so I thought I'd try one out. 
Of the eight new designs, this "Flipcard" version seems to work the best with the My Darling Darlinghurst blog style. You can try the others using the drop-down menu at the top left of the home page, but the Flipcard is my home style.
I have also returned to a pink colour scheme, because I just can't resist a good shade of that colour and this one is not too bad. 
Unfortunately, they haven't yet updated certain blogger gadgets, which means for the time being there is no chapter section, with easy links to my posts on Heritage Items, Plant Life, Animal Life, Across the Border, Past and Present, Detritus, Retailers, Street Art et al.
Which is a shame as I kind of built this blog around the notion of chapters. I am hoping Blogger adds the gadget functions soon, so I can reinstate that and the A-Z too.
There are a few other areas that Blogger still needs to add and update, but if you haven't already noticed, I won't bore you with those details.


Anyway, last weekend my eagle-eyed friend in the Darlinghurst flatlands, Ruby Molteno, dragged me three blocks along Bourke Street with the promise of seeing "the most amazing little nest" that some street artist had created.
"I'm not going to show you where it is,'' she said.
''All I will say is that it is not too high up and it's really cute."
Well, it didn't take me long to spot it:


"Are you sure that is a piece of art,'' I said to Ruby.
"Or is it just some basket that someone's thrown out the window and it's landed in the tree."
'

"No,'' Ruby assured me.
''Look, it's all intricately woven into the branches; someone has spent a lot of time making this."

Well, whatever the case, it is kind of cute, don't you think?

*
And what do you think of the new blog look? Please let me know.
If you hate it, I do hope Blogger lets me revert back to my old style.

**UPDATE: I have reverted back to my old template because there are too many glitches with the new dynamic templates designed by Blogger. Things went missing and then they also removed my links to Twitter, Facebook and the Subscriber form. So until they sort it out I'm sticking with my original design.

No comments: