Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Darlinghurst Blog: Street Art: I Will Miss You (Amy Winehouse)

This whimsical paste-up appeared on the wall of ABC Cellars on the corner of Darlinghurst Road and Farrell Avenue last week. The ghostly girl leaves a trail of tears that wrap around the corner of the bottle shop. 


And in some of the tear drops are the words, ''I will miss you''.


Apparently the artwork is a tribute to British musician Amy Winehouse, who died at the age of 27 on July 23 - which is why it has been pasted up on the wall of a wine-house. Geddit? There's a similar artwork by the same artist on the wall of the Royal Sovereign Hotel, another wine-house up the road:


I think they're really sweet pieces and I particularly love the colours of the woman's skirt. 


It's been a long time since I have seen such clever artworks on the streets of Darlinghurst. Come on artists, be inspired and share some more art around!

2 comments: