Friday, June 24, 2011

Darlinghurst Blog: Food: Wok On Inn Noodle Bar

I've been trying really hard not to eat carbohydrates. Well not that hard, but I have stopped buying bread. Yet the lure of the super-carb overwhelmed me this week and I knew that if I didn't indulge in some of their fulfilling goodness prior to a drink-date, I would be forced to nurse the third beer all night. And we can't have that. Well, that was my excuse anyway. It was also the sudden convenience of being on Oxford Street and walking past the Wok On Inn. So I decided to heed the call of its name and walk on in for some noodley yum-yum.


Wok On Inn cuisine isn't confined to one country but covers the gamut of flavours including Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, Malaysian, Korean, Mongolian and Singaporean. Usually this kind of cross-country mix is a worry but the food here is actually pretty simple: noodles or rice with the usual protein suspects. And I just wanted basic Singapore noodles anyway - surely they can't stuff that up. And at the very least the food is freshly prepared to order.


It was rather early when I arrived, so I was pretty much the only person there, apart from a couple of people ordering take-out.


But I didn't have much time to dwell on my relative isolation or the freshly-picked pink rose in a vase on my table, because soon after ordering, my food arrived.


It was a really rather decent and vibrantly fresh dish, helped along by a squeeze of cut lemon and some chili sauce. The restaurant is part of a chain with outlets in Darling Harbour, Balmain, Rouse Hill and The Rocks. I'm not craving the noodles enough to go back, but if I am ever hungry and stuck in the boonies of Rouse Hill, in Sydney's north-west, I'll know that Wok On Inn is a safe bet.


*
Wok On Inn Noodle Bar
80 Oxford Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
02 9332 4554

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Rouse Hill comment is really pretentious...

Violet Tingle said...

How?

kelsey said...

Haha it isn't AT ALL